“By this we know love, that He laid down His life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world’s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God’s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and truth.”
1 John 3:16-18
As we celebrate our 2nd Christmas at our Westside location and our 6th year of serving the people of our beautiful El Paso community, we pause to thank each of you for your interest in and support of our gospel ministry.
A glimpse at what the Lord has done at the Mustard Seed Cafe and Garden in 2019:
- Over 7,000 people were served through weekly lunch service, programming, and monthly Community Meals
- Volunteers served over 3,000 hours
- Garden volunteers welcomed over 350 children to our beautiful Amigos Garden
- Fresh produce from our garden is incorporated into our menu and shared with the community
- Relationships are developing with elementary schools and apartment properties
- The Grace Meals program launched and offers $5 Mustard Seed Cafe meal coupons to food pantries, churches and agencies that serve the hungry
- Community collaborations are being formed to expand and strengthen our service
- God’s love in Christ was poured into some of the most precious and vulnerable members of our community including the homeless, children, people with disabilities, and seniors
- We have begun evangelism and servant-hearted volunteer training
- And each week people are prayed for, the good news of Jesus Christ is shared both in word and deed, and all is done for the glory of God!
God is calling us to do more and as we consider Christmas and Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for us, we humbly and faithfully obey His call. On January 29, 2020 we will expand our no-charge, Community Meal program from a once-monthly event to every Wednesday evening from 5-7 pm. We typically serve 140 guests at each of these meals. Did you know that many of your neighbors lack access to nutritious, desirable food? You’re having a hot meal tonight. What about them? What about your neighbor? What about my neighbor?
Please join us as we follow the Lord’s lead into 2020 and put His love into action. We need your prayers, your financial support, your volunteer service and your help spreading the word about the Cafe.